Pages

Thursday 29 March 2018

Taking flight recount

WALT: write a recount based on “taking flight” animation.
I will be successful when I have:
Planned my ideas to help me organise my writing.
An orientation (who, what, where, when, why, how).
Sequenced ideas with time words.
Written in first person.
Given interesting detail
Written a closing statement to sum up all my ideas.

Early this morning my dad needed to go and do grown up stuff. I wonder does he not love me anymore? Is he to busy for me now? Or does he not want me at all? All these questions and no answers. I had to get all this out of my head.
First I just stayed with grandpa for the day. Next I saw some photos on the shelf. I could not reach them because I was too small. After that I found a wagon and put it by the shelf. I got lots of boxes and put them in the wagon one by one on top of each other. It was just tall enough to reach the box of photos. I reached for the box of photos and then crash! All  the boxes came down. Luckily I was not hurt. Grandpa heard the loud noise and came rushing in. Then he said “that wagon used to be your dad's. How about we take it for a spin?” so I said “yah”.
Then my adventure began. We were in a wagon in the jungle. At first everything was quiet.Then I heard ‘eek then aaah’. After that me and my grandad both saw scary looking monkeys with red eyes. They were chasing us. We got away though. We went and dove off a cliff and we landed in a lake of crocodiles. The wagon suddenly changed into a boat. Grandpa was staring the motor at the back of the boat. Then my teddy tapped me. I did not know what he wanted so I turned around and saw a big cool waterfall. We were about to go down it.  I couldn’t look!
Suddenly the boat changed into a… Plane! Grandpa and I were soaring through the air. Ted was not liking it that much...
We stopped for a quick lunch break then ZAP! The park got zapped by a beam. Grandpa said “aliens” in a dark voice. Then the plane turned into a rocket and I got a zapper gun and we flew around shooting all the alien ships. A really massive alien ship appeared out of nowhere. I was going to zap it but my gun ran out of fuel.
Funnily enough it was just dad in his car. The lights on the car were very bright. He hopped out of the car and smiled noticing the wagon from his past.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tyrone my name is Katipa. I am a year 7 student from Paihia School. I really like your recount because you put a lot effort into it. Also I liked how you put your recount into a interesting journey with your grandad. It kind of reminds me of when I use to play journey. I really do not have any feedback because what I saw was extraordinary. But there’s one thing I have to say. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete